Data Protection Policy
Gateshead Camera Club (GCC) is established with the objects set out in its constitution and is a data controller within the UK.
The personal information referred to in this Policy may include name, distinctions, contact details, affiliations, service records, records of entries to events, and such other information as may be necessary for the effective management of the legitimate interests of the GCC. Any person wishing to verify the information held by the GCC or who can correct or update that information, may apply to the Secretary.
GCC collects and uses personal information for several purposes:
1. The committee of itself and of its members; others who assist the committee; and those offering their services to the GCC community e.g., as judges or lecturers. This information is used to facilitate administration and services. The contact details of GCC officials allocated to provide services may be published generally.
2. GCC website and Facebook presence:
The website, https://www.gatesheadcc.com, and the GCC Facebook page contain editorial material and may include names of those submitting material for publication. Both sites are accessible to the public and are viewable by anyone.
3. Others necessary for the conduct of the business of GCC. This information is used to satisfy a requested service or a contractual requirement and may be retained to confirm the outcome.
4. Photographers as the creators of Images used in the activities of the GCC. This information is managed subject to the General Conditions for GCC, Competition and Events.
1. General business records will normally be held for a minimum of eight years.
2. GCC may retain historical archives indefinitely, for example but not limited to, photographic images, records of meetings, awards and other event results.